PRONUNCIATION: tongue twisters


Resultado de imagen de nudo en la lengua
Tongue Twister is a phrase or sentence which is hard to speak fast, usually because of alliteration or a sequence of nearly similar sounds. It helps develop speech skills. 

To get the full effect of a tongue twister you should try to repeat it several times, as quickly as possible, without stumbling or mispronouncing.
Click on the image below and practice some tongue twisters
      

Here are some cool English Tongue Twisters, have fun!    Repeat them a few times !

  1. How many cookies could a good cook cook If a good cook could cook cookies? A good cook could cook as much cookies as a good cook who could cook cookies.

2.     Betty Botter bought some butter, but she said "this butter's bitter! But a bit of better butter will but make my butter better" So she bought some better butter, better than the bitter butter, and it made her butter better so 'twas better Betty Botter bought a bit of better butter!       
 

3.   Black bug bit a big black bear. But where is the big black bear that the big black bug bit? A big bug bit the little beetle but the little beetle bit the big bug back.



4.    If you understand, say "understand".
If you don't understand, say "don't understand".
But if you understand and say "don't understand".
How do I understand that you understand? Understand!



5.       I thought, I thought of thinking of thanking you.



6.      I wish to wish the wish you wish to wish, but if you wish the wish the witch wishes, I won't wish the wish you wish to wish.



7.    I thought a thought.
But the thought I thought wasn't the thought I thought I thought.
If the thought I thought I thought had been the thought I thought, I wouldn't have thought so much.



8      SHE SELLS SEA SHELLS ON THE SEA SHORE ,
BUT THE SEA SHELLS THAT SHE SELLS,
ON THE SEA SHORE ARE NOT THE REAL ONES 
           
 
9.    Tie a knot, tie a knot.
Tie a tight, tight knot.
Tie a knot in the shape of a nought.

 

10.               You've no need to light a night-light
On a light night like tonight,
For a night-light's light's a slight light,
And tonight's a night that's light.
When a night's light, like tonight's light,
It is really not quite right
To light night-lights with their slight lights
On a light night like tonight.